BMCAC EXHIBITION SPACE
Following extensive renovations to the main purple building, including track lighting and hanging tracks, BMCAC now invites members and non members to submit proposals for weekend exhibitions during certain times of the year outside class times.
Terms and conditions:
The BMCAC Committee reserves the right to change or alter the following conditions or rates as they see fit and without notice. Hire of the hall is subject to the class timetable, and other activities which may occur throughout the year. These activities take precedence over hirings. Hirings may be cancelled at short notice.
A non-refundable Booking Fee of $25 is required to secure the room. There may be cases when this is not required or is negotiable.
A refundable bond of $100 also applies. This needs to be paid one week before the hire takes place. There may also be cases when this is not required or is negotiable. Bonds will be refunded by cheque following the hire period. There may be cases when this is not required or is negotiable.
Hire rate: Members / Non-Members
Weekend: $50 / $120
- Deposit must be paid at time of booking. Bond must be paid one week before the hire.
- Complete the application form on this page. Please include up to 4 images of proposed works.
- Hirers must have their own insurance. BMCAC has its own public liability insurance, but this does not cover member activities on the premises, which they do so at their own risk, nor does it cover loss or damage to art works.
- Hirers are responsible for manning the hall the entire time of the hire. BMCAC accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss or theft of personal property.
- Hirers are responsible for their own sales. No money is to be left on the premises overnight.
- The coordinator will provide keys and instructions as to the general use of the premises. Take care of the keys to the premises, make sure to return keys at the end of the exhibition. Do not make or distribute copies of any keys.
- Please make sure the rooms are clean at the end of each day. Utilities need to be switched off, all the doors dead locked, and the kitchen cleaned and any used crockery and cutlery washed, dried and put away. A cleaning fee of $100 will be deducted from the bond if the hall is not left clean. The kitchen bin needs to be emptied into the red council garbage bin. Recycling into the yellow bin.
- Report any OHS issues or damages to the exhibition coordinator. Exhibitors are responsible for any damages to the Centre or its property, and such damages must be repaired or paid for. BMCAC reserves the right to withhold the $100 bond if any damages occur to BMCAC property during the hire period.
- Any equipment used need to be returned to storage.
- Be vigilant as to the safety and welfare of visitors. This regards the use of BMCAC electrical equipment, use of the urn, heaters and fans, and air conditioning.
- Hirers are responsible for the supply of any food or drink at the event. Tea, coffee and milk at the Centre is made available at a cost of $1 per cup.